Sunday 15 April 2012

The Greeting

This is one of my latest paintings, and it's one I'm really excited about sharing as it was inspired by a friendly fae sighting in Cornwall recently.

I fell in love with Cornwall when I spent three years there at Art College in Falmouth. Now having done a good few years in London, I am more than ready to return there. Every time I visit I feel like I've come home. I heard someone say that 'Cornwall either sucks you in or Kicks you out' and I've most definitely been sucked in. :)

So I was recently house hunting and staying with my friend Emily who lives in a lovely village in east Cornwall. Shortly after arriving we took advantage of the Spring Sunshine and went for a walk through the magickal woods near her home...




Emily is a very magickal person and her connection with the fae is strong, so perhaps it's unsurprising that a photo taken on the way back from the woods featured a friendly Tree Spirit who seemingly came to say 'Hi'.

I haven't included the fae photo, as I feel it's a gift, and in that sense relatively private, however if I see you  around and you would like to see it, I'll be more than happy to show you :).

This is 'The Greeting'  - the painting I did from the photo. It was created from around 60 % photo and 40 % intuition! When I was almost finished, I held it up to consider if what I had done was authentic, and after staring at the image questioningly for a a minute or so, I got a strong sense of the image smiling and 'speaking ' to me. So hopefully I was on the right path...

Another fae friendly friend of mine Fiona says that this image really speaks to her -  so perhaps if you have a few minutes to spare, you could see if you pick up anything whilst looking at this Tree Sidhe?  I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts, and/or anything you 'get' from this.

All in all it's been an honour to convey this image. :)



Laura xx


No comments: