Saturday 22 January 2011

Words from the Fae Fox (post below)

As I start to write about this fae, the things I was supposed to write yesterday (if she hadn't kept me up painting her til 3am), a very loud Crow is cawing outside my window, and I feel this lady here has quite a tale to tell.

My friend and fabulous authoress Debbie Gallagher said about this painting, ' Wild and a little bit Wicked is she...' and I agree wholeheartedly. Crow, Fox and Foliage are her magic. Life and decay... the natural cycles without remorse or regret - revelry and extremes, a wicked glint in her eye, a cold January breeze, and a sense of wonder at her splendour; the huntress, the diva. Good or bad?

She sighs heavily, ' you humans and your need to categorize everything...'good and bad.' In your world those words are subjective; people do evil in the name of 'good' and feel guilt for what other people tell them is 'bad'.

I am a wild thing, wild and free. I am unconstrained. Life blood sap rising and quietening. I do what I like and I like what I do – mostly anyhow, she smiles...fresh dew laughter.

What's so terribly bad about a little wickedness anyway?








No comments: