Tuesday 15 November 2011

Solstice Stones



Yule Card Artwork for 2011


This year more than ever I've spent amazing, valuable and blessed time in sacred places and stone circles; Stonehenge, Avebury, Duddo, Newgrange, The Hurlers, Beaghmore and others have served as teachers, healers, and places to feel connected to the magic in the land.


When I sit and watch/sketch the stones I always see their sparks, their energy moving out in waves, connecting each stone to each other, sending out, taking in information... 


With this drawing - which is a mixture of various places, I can hear the quiet of a snowy twilight, the sounds of snow flakes softly pattering to the ground.  


I feel that if I open my mouth, I could almost taste the snow flakes on my tongue. 


I can feel the cold snow surrounding my boots as I wade through the snow to approach these stones.


There's a tension, almost like bells jingling in the air - heralding the beautiful solstice moment.


Solstice = Standstill.


The Sun sets on the shortest day, to be reborn a new.

No comments: