Tuesday 11 January 2011

Lunar Day 8 - First Quarter Moon... Random Art :)




Today consists of 3 offerings... mainly because er I didn't like any of them that much, so I thought I'd throw all 3 in. There is logic there. Laura Logic.
So I have a started sketch of Star (top), well there were several started pictures of Star, she just didn't much fancy the idea of sitting still for me :).

Then there were the random collaboration of faeries (middle) that appeared on the page... which are an interesting bunch, if not particularly well drawn... I think sketching the faeries that want to turn up on the page, with no forwards planning from me is going to be a recurring theme...


And then the last little sketch of the mask. I like many artists, love the symbolism of masks. In this little sketch the idea was, well there was 2 ideas: 1) If you wear a 'mask' by pretending to be someone that you are not, then eventually you lose yourself and the pretense takes on a life of it's own, and 2) I had the Cure lyrics to pictures of you in my head 'I've been looking so long at these pictures of you, that I almost believe they're real'.

As ever I welcome your thoughts, comments and interpretations of things...
Til tomorrow xxx

No comments: