Monday 5 January 2009

Day 5 - The Snow Leopard


This study of a lovely Snow Leopard, (drawn from a found photo and unfortunately not from any real experience with these rare and beautiful creatures) is for my forthcoming 'Winter' piece, following the 'Autumn Queen', (see first post and my website) is the Snow Queen, and so her companion will be the enigmatic, breathtaking and sadly exceptionally endangered Snow Leopard. I have a great dvd on them, and the gorgeous Jackie Morris children's book 'Snow Leopard' - both thanks to Santa Mum! Both Kits were very curious about this painting, in fact, little Star had a helping paw in this one... well she sat on it for a while....
There was a first attempt at the Snow Queen attached, but I don't like the expression on her face, so she has been removed! I hope you enjoy....
If you would like to learn more about Snow Leopards and about how you can help please go to The Snow Leopard Trust

No comments: